Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm overdue for a post...

...but sadly even though it's spring break I don't have the energy just yet! I promise a new post is coming soon--I'm just trying to balance grad school, work, and job hunting...the joys of pink slips!
http://reason.com/blog/2010/04/15/billions-to-bail-out-education
I had to explain to a parent this past week that I was pink slipped, because her daughter (who is amazing) keeps telling me how much she's going to miss me when she goes to first grade...but that she'll come visit me next year. Usually I can barely squeak out: "I hope so!" before changing the subject to something else. Not only am I often on the verge of tears when students say things like "I'll visit you next year!" but I also made this girl's mom cry. :( Boo pink slips.

2 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

I feel your pain. I just received mine and it's like I don't even know where to start looking with the economy as bad as it is...Good luck to you!

Alex said...

This is year 2 for me with a pink slip--let's hope it won't happen *again* next year! Lots of charter schools are accepting applications if you're thinking of applying to other schools!