Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our New Author's Editing Checklist

Yes, I'm technically supposed to be on bereavement leave this week (and yes, I am on leave...), but I also have time on my hands, well more than I do when I'm working full-time, and I've also of course been checking my school email address.

Yesterday my principal emailed us with the "official" kindergarten writing assessment date: May 18th! As a kindergarten team we have been using a 4-Star Writing rubric in our classes. There are stars for:
-Starting sentences with a capital letter
-Using an endmark
-Using spaces
-Words that match the picture

While I love the idea of coloring in the stars, I've been trying to come up with something even more visual for my students. So, I made our new editing checklist! Take a peek, and let me know what you think! I'm hoping that the animals (and alien!) will be easy for students to remember when they are writing on the assessment since we have to take down our rubrics.

5 comments:

Jonelle Bell said...

I love this!!
Jonelle
A Place Called Kindergarten

Alex said...

Thanks!! :)

Claudia Dell said...

i really like that.i was looking for this.Essay Editing Checklist. thanks

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! What font did you use?

Jovette Francoeur said...

I love this checklist! May I have permission to use it and share it as an example during workshops? I will obviously give you credit. Thank you!
Jovette