Sunday, May 22, 2011

Book Binge

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm a book addict. I've realized I have quite a few addictions:
-books
-diet coke (if only...)

Photo from...

-good music (here are two of my favorites for summer!)


-teaching blogs (recently developed addiction)
-Friends (I have this poster framed in my room)
Photo from...

Yesterday I ordered two books from Amazon.com...I've been avoiding purchasing them for quite some time as I know I have a book addiction...but I couldn't resist any longer! I am so excited to dig into this books this summer:
The CAFE Book: Engaging All Students in Daily Literary Assessment and Instruction
The CAFE Book

The Daily Five
The Daily Five

I love love love reading and literacy, and I feel like these books will be great tools for me next year! Plus, I also snuck in this wonderful DVD that I had no idea existed...but am soooo happy I found...
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Scholastic Storybook Treasures)
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
How did I not know that there was a Pigeon DVD?! Phenomenal! I kind of hope it rains this week so we can watch it during recess!

...Then of course this evening, I snuck out to McDonald's for a diet coke ($1 for a large diet coke?! Uh-oh...), and I returned to peruse some blogs and see that several teachers are leading a book study about Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations, and so Amazon.com again got a hold of me!
Math Work Stations: Independent Learning You Can Count On, K-2
Math Work Stations: Independent Learning You Can Count On, K-2
Check out the blogs that will be hosting the discussions and order your copy of the book now too! 








Happy Sunday!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

You will love all those books. I brought my D5 and Cafe book home to reread this summer. I get to go see the sisters in July! I can't wait!

Alex said...

Thanks, Stacy! I'm so excited to read them this summer! :)

tchr428 said...

OMG...I can't get through my day without at least 2-3 DIET COKES!!! I could definately use that funnel!!! I tell my friends I need an IV of diet coke! :)

Katie