Monday, May 2, 2011

District Writing Assessment


I'm not sure about other schools and districts, but as I mentioned our district writing assessment is fast approaching. This year, my students have excelled even more with their writing, and I am so proud of them! Still, the occasional capital letter appears in the middle of a sentence, or they forget to use an end mark. I always want to make sure my students are able to demonstrate their knowledge on assessments, and so I made this note to send home tomorrow with our newsletter, editing checklist, and a note about the writing assessment.

Well, let's see if I can maybe fall asleep now.  I can hear Chandler in my head: I was like, if I fall asleep now I’ll get six hours sleep, but if I fall asleep *now* I’ll get five hours sleep. No matter what I did I couldn’t fall asleep.
Followed by Joey of course: You know what you should’ve done, you should have told yourself that little story.

No comments: