Sunday, January 8, 2012

My First Blog Award! :)


How fun! My first blog award—thanks to Marie from It’s a Jungle Out There for awarding my blog with The Versatile Blogger Award! 

Here are the “rules” for the award:
1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them. 
2. Tell 7 things about yourself. 
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award!  

Thanks, again, Marie, and now here are 7 things about me:
1. I recently gave up my diet coke addiction after many many years loving it a little too much. :P Crazy, but true! I go back to work tomorrow, so we’ll see if I can get back in the swing of things without my lovely d.c…and if I really can make it 2 months with no diet coke in the house!
Side note: When I was younger, I won a diet pepsi drinking contest while on vacation in Mexico. Should it be any surprise I later discovered that diet coke was better and as a result drank it like it was water?

A photo of two of many diet cokes I've had in my life...


2. I am a huge Chicago Cubs fan. If I were to take a picture of myself right now, you would see that I’m sporting a Cubs shirt. My first year teaching I had friends make videos to my kinders about going to college and the jobs they had…and one friend of course encouraged my students to be Cubs fans.
Okay this is a picture of my brother, not me, 
but c'mon, clearly we were trained young to be Cubs fans! :)

3. I went trapezing in college. Talk about fun—I have debated taking a trapeze class, because I had so much fun when I went!

4. I love reading children’s books and reading with children. This of course comes in really handy as a kindergarten teacher, but I seriously may have an addiction. This is my third year teaching, and if you saw all the books I have, you’d probably think I’ve been teaching for much much longer. Right now I’m resisting (not very well) the temptation to buy lots of George and Martha books.
In case you’re wondering, that’s one of my students reading a big book at indoor recess. Thank goodness my students love reading too!

5. I love to go to the beach with my dog. Way too fun. My dog is 5 pounds, and she races around the beach like crazy. She might be the friendliest dog in the world. Bonus: after racing around at the beach, she is super calm, which for her is a rare moment.

6. My brother is an opera singer. No joke. I think it’s pretty cool. Here’s a semi-old photo of him. He’s the awesomely dressed guy in the green standing on the table.

7. I firmly believe everything in life can relate to the TV show FRIENDS. I even wrote one of my final papers in college on the show and how it shows several sociological theories about love and relationships. This is one small downside of teaching 5-year olds: They likely will not understand Friends references, and thus I have to use them at other times in the day. 
A mug I received as a present from my roommate who, incidentally, hates the show.

15 Blogs to Check Out (I'm not 100% sure what the award means by "newly discovered"--so I went with blogs I recently discovered, so they are newly discovered for me!, and absolutely wonderful!):
1. Pencils, Crayons, and Books, Oh My!
2. Coloring Outside the Lines
3. Empowering Little Learners
4. Teaching and Learning Make the World Go Round
5. Kindergarten Lifestyle
6. Heather's Heart
7. Pencils, Glue, and Tying Shoes
8. Curls and a Smile
9. F is for First Grade
10. Teaching Happily Ever After
11. Thirst for First
12. Lessons Learned
13. Peace, Love, and Learning
14. Super in Second
15. Sweet Times in First

Now I'm off to get ready to go back to school tomorrow! So happy that Monday and Tuesday will be PD and prep--which means I don't have to be at school until 8 tomorrow! Woohoo!!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow!! Thanks for the shout out! I love your layout! So cute!
❤ Sandra
Sweet Times in First
sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Sara said...

I just found your cute blog!! ...I am a diet coke addict too, and I'm super impressed that you gave it up!

Sara
KindergartenIs A Hoot